Welcome to GamingIO - Gaming should be fun and free(dom)
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How important is gaming to you?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Huxley

Huxley

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

This sounds like a silly question, but I'm curious. For some people, gaming is a very serious thing and means quite a bit. Video games were a formative part of my childhood, and they've gone on to inform my creative pursuits quite a bit. I'm not the only one, it seems--many other writers and artists cite video games as inspiration. They're definitely important to me. What about you guys?

• Josephdueli, Williampek, Lewisopent and 19 others like this

Archie

Archie

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

For me it's more of a fun thing. It's not super important. If someone got upset by it and told me I couldn't play video games anymore, I would probably be okay. I just enjoy it for stress relief more than anything else these days.

Huxley

Huxley

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

A casual gamer I am not. It definitely functions as stress relief for me, but it's a means of enjoyment, too. I don't buy as many games as I used to--I try to only buy games that I'm really, really excited for. To me, they're the best kinds of stories because you can actually play them. 

Archie

Archie

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I used to be pretty intensive, but these days I just don't have the time. I can take it or leave it. Sometimes I go weeks without playing a game. I still enjoy it, don't get me wrong, I just don't get crazy about it anymore. No level grinding for me!