Welcome to GamingIO - Gaming should be fun and free(dom)
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nintendo to Make Mobile Games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

iPod

iPod

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I can't tell if this is a rumor or not. I've searched it up but I have gotten mixed reviews. Personally, I think this would be a great idea. It would help out the company greatly because people love Nintendo games.

• DanielBer, Williampek, BigBonusMoX and 14 others like this

xenolover

xenolover

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

It's a sensible transition, really. Operating software has evolved so much that I'm honestly surprised by what phones are capable of handling. So many people play games on their phones, too. It's a very lucrative market. I think Nintendo would do very well with it.

Vangel

Vangel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 208 posts

With big AAA studios cutting jobs and scaling down or completely shutting down this is inevitable. I agree with xenolover here. It makes a lot of sense. Nintendo can make great games, they have always had to have a platform. Because in good old days you couldn't afford a PC and your phone didn't even have buttons. They can focus on the casual gamers by supporting game developers as a publisher as well as develop games but not worry about the consoles.

The way Microsoft and Sony design their requirements and overheads it is impossible for small studios to survive when even big ones are failing left and right. This was cited in an article I read recently but it was on Tab so I don't have a link at the moment. It was about another big studio shutting down who develop PC games and console games. 

I don't see this as a problem with dying PC/Consoles. Games have just stopped being innovative for such audience as we have been at it for far longer than smartphone tapping commons. It's just one rehashed shit after another on PC or Console or Yet-another-sequel meant to milk the franchise and the gamers. Good news games still make become successful regardless. Case in point Skyrim: Franchise of Elder Scrolls by Bethesda yet wildly successful because of open content creation abilities. Another one is Minecraft, again great re-playability and barely any "Art", "Textures", etc to speak of.

If this rumour isn't true perhaps Nintendo should consider it. They dont have to make Gameboys anymore just make the darn variety of games. Heck i'll play some of my Nintendo or Gameboy games from the old days on the phone anytime and pay for it. Just don't sell me a bloody cloud account with upgrades.