Welcome to GamingIO - Gaming should be fun and free(dom)
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any artists here?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Cid

Cid

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I'm not a pro, but I enjoy illustration quite a bit. I started off drawing fanart as a kid and grew from there. It's mostly a hobby for me. I've never tried making money off of commissions or anything, mostly just in it to push myself as hard as I can. Anyone else doodle?

iPod

iPod

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I used to take art lessons when I was younger. However, this soon got very boring for me and I stopped. Not to brag, but I was pretty good back then. It seems like I've lost the touch now though.

major

major

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I'm not much of an artist, but I am pretty good at sketching. I was never very good at coloring things in or painting in general. I've gotten into graphic art recently. I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator to create some awesome things. It's become a new hobby for me. 

Vangel

Vangel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 208 posts

why dont some of you then share some art. There is gallery etc here.

Amy

Amy

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Oh my gosh, I wish I could. I can not draw. I am not an artistic person at all. I feel like it is a natural-born talent, and if you are not born with it, it would be difficult to learn how to draw well. I have always wished I was good at art though. 

Cid

Cid

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I had a teacher who used to say drawing was 90% work, 10% talent, but I think attitude is one of the biggest factors. I didn't start to see real improvement until I'd been at it for three years. It's time consuming, but if you keep at it, eventually you'll get somewhere. I've seen people who started out with "mediocre" talent blow past their more talented peers.

I've gotten to a place where I'm generally satisfied with the work I can produce now, but there's always room for improvement. I wish I had a tablet. I've wanted to get into digital illustration for some time now.