Welcome to GamingIO - Gaming should be fun and free(dom)
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Decent JRPGs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

xenolover

xenolover

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Anyone else here a big fan of good ol' JRPGs (Final Fantasy, Tales, Shin Megami, etc)? 

I've been pretty hungry for a decent RPG for a while now, but alas. I know there are a ton of European and US RPGs, but they've never held the same appeal to me. Many of the offerings as of late just haven't been appealing. Anyone found one recently that sunk its teeth in and didn't let go?

• Williampek, Aannessburn, Trmgok and 20 others like this

Vangel

Vangel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 208 posts

Yep I agree. I recognize those names from ages ago. There hasn't been any popular JRPGs recently.

Cid

Cid

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Have you checked out RPGamer.com? They have a list of upcoming and recent releases on their site. It's pretty handy.

The only decent looking JRPGs on the horizon seem to be FFXV and Kingdom Hearts III, though.

xenolover

xenolover

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Thanks for the referral, Cid. I'll have to keep tabs on that site. It looks like a goldmine.

I would have been excited for XV and KHIII if they'd been released sooner. Square games have gotten seriously bogged down in recent years. I haven't enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since X. Maybe I'm just too old and set in my ways.

• Vangel likes this