Welcome to GamingIO - Gaming should be fun and free(dom)
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are you addicted to video games?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GamerWorld

GamerWorld

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I'm not really anymore. I used to play about 5 hours a day, but now I only play for 2-3 hours a day. How many hours a day do you spend playing video games? 

onegamergirl

onegamergirl

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I don't think I'm addicted to video games because I don't get ill when days go by without my playing them. On days off, I might play for 3-4 hours, but on workdays, I might not even hit an hour before I have to give the console up for other things.

Avshy

Avshy

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

I never really get that much into a game to be totally taken over by it. I do like to game but I know my limits. I am not running around only gaming, sitting in front of the computer with a bag of chips next to me along with a beer. I know limits and stick with them.

onegamergirl

onegamergirl

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Ha ha Avshy -- I'm guilty of having the chips and beer with me when I'm playing! That's one of my favorite things to snack on when I'm here by myself on my day off and I have the time to play a game. 

Love

Love

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I don't think I was ever addicted to video games. I just remember playing around two times a week for four to five hours and I'd be done with it. It's not like I have a need to play it.

Amy

Amy

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I am, but I'm not. I like to play when it is a game that I actually enjoy playing, but I am able to control my urge to play when I know there are other things that I need to get done.

xenolover

xenolover

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Depends. If it's a game I REALLY get into, I'll finish it as fast as I can. I can go months between games, though, so it's limited to just having a decent game to play, I think. When I was a teenager, though? I was definitely addicted. I remember spending entire weekends gaming with friends. Definitely not the gamer I used to be in that regard!